Sunday, November 20, 2005

 

Communication and Conflict

This is the chapter I did my topic presentation on. This was an interesting topic as I also saw this area as a personal weakness area that I wanted to improve upon. THe inforamtion was also very timely in my life.I found the negotiation topic interesting because between the books information and outside research I did, I found many topics points relevant for a personal negotiation I was going through, I learned to stay calm and not get pulled into the emaotion of the subject. When I didnt flinch, it seemed like the other person folded. The conflict section was also helpful, to know the different states. I found that I either tried to avoid or compete. Now I try to collaborate as much as possible. Preparing for the presentation was also pretty interesting I tried to keep the topics interesting so peopleo wouldnt fall asleep. I also put together a class activity to try to keep the topic interesting. I went ahead and put together a negotiation game to see how people worked with negotiation. All went pretty well except I brought the wrong answer worksheet for the high and low scores. It was interesting hw people worked around the rules to. I put a hard constraint on negotiation for education reimbursement, but no other hard requirement. People worked all around that rule. One team negotiatited so they got a purse from the HR manager! funny stuff. I was people asked for copies of the presentation afterword, and peoples slide shows are getting a lot more animated. haha. Although I need to concetrate on a different subject next term, people said they are ogoing to miss my power point skills.

In all it was a good exercise.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?