Sunday, November 20, 2005

 

Power and Politics

Power and plitics is one of my weak points. I have not really been interested in politics and I have not really had the opportunity to weild power until recently. I think I have spent limited time working for any one company. Although I have been working professionally for almost 20 years now, I have never heald a job more than 5 years. I also have been working the last 7 years in positions that were in consulting. In these poistions you don't get a lot of power in the organizations you are insterted too. Lsao I think politics are kept to a minimum, granted they are not completely missing, but they are much less a part of the daily interaction because in my position, I am not expected to stay on. I think it is in areas that a person is trying to build a position and organization in a career move where politics are much more apparent. With my new position, I am hoping to get into more Legitimate power from my position of formal authority and reward with compensation plans. When running an organization, I hope to give some sort of ownership back to my people. I think that getting their buy in is crucual, I also would want to set evaluation as a 360 that includes customer feedback so that service is respected and the consultantrs do not get a prima donna attitiude. I think we would have to be focused on the needs of our initial customers, but that over time, we could branch out to produce productized solutions.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?